Summer isn't here yet and it's 98 degrees outside! As crazy as this weather is I know it's here to stay at least for a couple of months! So if you can't beat it then have fun. However, there are precautions to take in crazy HOT weather such as this. Here are a few tips!:
- Drink plenty of fluids such as water and fruit juices to prevent dehydration -- be aware that alcohol can impair the body's sweat mechanism, as can fairly common medications such as antihistamines and diuretics
- Wear loose-fitting, lightweight, and light-colored clothes
- Protect yourself from direct sunlight by staying in the shade or by wearing sunscreen, a hat and sunglasses
- NEVER leave pets or young children in a car, even with the windows cracked
- Check on elderly relatives or neighbors at least daily
- Take it easy when outdoors. Athletes and people who work outdoors should, if possible, take short breaks if they feel fatigued. Schedule physical activity during the morning or evening when it is cooler
Any products with SPF is great for protecting the skin against the sun's harmful rays in the summer and can also be used all year round. Tanning too much can cause skin cancer,in some cases, wrinkles, spots, etc. So take proper care of your skin so it can look healthy and fresh.
SO BERKELEY STUDENTS! We have 2 WEEKS left before this quarter ends! I,for one,am beyond excited because yours truly has a BIRTHDAY coming up! =D So time to relax and party with friends and family! Since it's beautiful weather, that means everyone will be out and about enjoying it.But with all this, please be careful to not DRINK AND DRIVE.
With 4th of July and different parades coming up, there's going to be A LOT of people drinking more than they should.So please be careful when you're driving,don't drink and drive and be careful with other drunk drivers on the road. ALSO, DON'T FORGET TO BUCKLE UP! POLICE OFFICERS ARE GIVING OUT A LOT OF TICKETS FOR NOT USING SEAT BELTS.SO IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY.
ENJOY THE SUMMER AND BE SAFE!