Friday, November 5, 2010

Tragedy,Craziness,& Talent....All in One!

First off, I would like start off this blog by sending my condolences to all the families of the victims of the Cuban plane crash that took place yesterday. All 68 people on board were killed in what is being called "Cuba's worst plane crash since 1989". On board the plane were 40 Cubans and 28 foreigners. In the foreigners group were included seven Mexicans, nine Argentines, three Dutch citizens, two Austrians, two Germans, a Spaniard,an Italian,a Frenchman, a Japanese citizen, and a Venezuelan. I believe when tragedy such as this occurs where various nationalities are included, the whole world comes together to mourn for the victims and to give emotional support to their loved ones.

Secondly, I think I'm not the only one who is shocked that it is November already! Where has the time gone? I wanted to find what were some November monthly observances so I came across this website with some crazy,silly, and unknown observances for every month of the year: http://www.brownielocks.com/. So there were many observances for November but the two that I picked are the (1)Military Family Appreciation month and the (2)National Inspirational Role Models month. Don't forget to show your support for families who have loved ones overseas! I believe everyone should have a positive role model whether it be a singer,politician,or author.

!!!!SHOUT OUT TIME!!!!
Now, for the finale to this blog!
I just wanted to take the time and do a quick shout out to two of Berkeley's finest=)

First up, the funniest person at the Newark campus: Tia Hatcher! She made us proud when she won the "Show Your Berkeley Pride" Facebook Photo contest! CONGRATULATIONS TIA!



Secondly, a huge shout out to Chris Thomas (aka: Big Lyric) who is currently our SGA President as well! He's trying to make his way in the world and isn't taking "no" for an answer! That's the only way to do it so very proud of him as well! Show your support by listening to his music.I believe he's going to go far! Keep going, Chris! =)

AND THIS CONCLUDES THIS WEEK'S BERKELEY COLLEGE LIFE BLOG!
HAVE A GREAT ONE & BE SAFE OUT THERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment