I can't believe Christmas has come and gone! All the Christmas shopping,crowded malls,rude people,no parking spaces,maxed out credit cards....it's all done with, for this year at least. I,personally, had a great time with my family and boyfriend. There wasn't one thing that we didn't laugh at. We made memories. The most important thing to do with your family is to make memories that will last us all our lives. Treasure the moments that you have with your loved ones because we never know what the future will bring. With that said, I will like to take a moment and write about someone who was and still is very important to me,but isn't physically with me here on this earth: my brother,Jacob(or how I liked to call him,JayJay).
He passed away 5 years ago at the age of 21 in a terrible and fatal car accident.I was blessed to have had him in my life for 15 years.He was my father figure. Now that he is gone...I miss his smile, the way he laughed, the way he joked around with me.The last happy memory I will always keep with me was when we were outside. My stepdad and he were playing basketball, and I just remember JayJay laughing,just having a good time. I choose to embrace his life rather than his death.I still find myself crying myself to sleep at nights because I miss him so much, but I know he is in a much better place watching over his sisters.I LOVE YOU JAYJAY & THERE'S NOT A DAY THAT PASSES BY THAT I DO NOT THINK ABOUT YOU,ESPECIALLY AROUND THE HOLIDAYS.
On a more happy note, 2011 IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, TWO DAYS AWAY TO BE EXACT! Time to look back and reflect on 2010.Always learn to be thankful for the good and the bad in our lives. The good things make our lives more joyful and the bad things make us who we truly are on the inside. Both are important ingredients in making us and our every day lives unique in every way. So I'll be the first one to say the things that I am very grateful for:
- I love school.It's no secret that I love going to school. Some people may call me a geek =] but I don't care. I believe education is very important in order to get ahead in life. So to all my fellow Berkeley College students: STAY IN SCHOOL! ALL THIS HOMEWORK AND STUDYING will pay off!
- I'm grateful for my friends that I have made while I have been at Berkeley College.They have made my college experience so much more worthwhile! I love you guys!
- I'm beyond grateful for my family and boyfriend. They have give me non-stop support and encouragement in everything I have done.I couldn't have been blessed with a better family.
!!!!NEW YEARS RESOLUTION!!!!!
Ok so my New Years resolution are the following:
- DO BETTER IN SCHOOL =D
- Lose weight so my health can be better
- Learn to drive(yes I don't know how to drive,personal reasons)
I can't wait to start the new year fresh! I'm staying positive for the new year! I choose not to surround myself with negativity and I hope you guys don't either! I can't wait to hear what your New Year resolutions are!
I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND BERKELEY COLLEGE STUDENTS THAT CLASSES WILL RESUME JANUARY 3, 2011. I HOPE YOU GUYS DO WELL THIS QUARTER!
So all there's left to say is have a great New Year! I hope you guys have an amazing and better 2011!
QUICK SHOUTOUT TO RUBEN MONTALVO! Love you,Rubie! =]