Friday, January 28, 2011

National Poverty in American Awareness Month

So from all the categories of events for January that http://www.brownielocks.com/ have provided us with, I have chosen January to be the National Poverty in America Awareness Month. I always hear about how people want to travel to Third World countries and assist in helping out victims of poverty. While there is nothing wrong with that, America also has places where poverty persists. Right here in Newark I see many homeless people make a long line for the soup kitchen every Saturday. It breaks my heart when I see mothers with their children in the cold waiting to just have something to eat. We should be able to reach out and lend a hand to those less fortunate than us. There are many volunteering programs that one can find online. Remember to always lend a hand to those in need.


On another note, I have the mose hated word of the week! SNOW! I think I talk on behalf of every Jersey resident when I say THIS IS JUST CRAZY! I love the snow but it's been snowing so much there are piles of snow everywhere! Some piles have to be about 6 feet tall! From all the years of living in Jersey, this is the most craziest winter yet. So when you're driving or walking, be careful. The roads and sidewalks are very slippery. Don't run or drive too fast. Our safety comes first before anything.


So by now, everyone is on their 4th week of this winter quarter which can only mean one thing: midterms are just around the corner! I can feel the stress in the air =) BREATHE & RELAX! Start studying early and start on those papers so that when midterm week is here, the work won't be piled on. Procrastination is number one factor of stress for college students. I know because I've been there. Developing good study habits can helps us so much. If you need help, ask the professor or another fellow student. There's nothing wrong with asking for help!

SO HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND & BE SAFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment